Description:Gypsum can provide many physical and chemical benefits to soil in addition to nutritional benefits. In some soils it can: prevent dispersion of soil particles, reduce surface crust formation, promote seedling emergence, increase water infiltration rates and movement into and through the soil profile, reduce erosion losses of soils and nutrients and phosphorus concentrations in surface water runoff, and mitigate subsoil acidity and aluminum toxicity.
- 50 lbs of Gypsum Powder Contains 97% Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate, 22.5% Calcium, and 18% Sulfur
- Premium 97% is the purest, most soluble mined solution grade gypsum available.
- Improves soil structure and drainage.
- Gypsum Helps Prepare Soil for No-Till Management
- Increases water-use effficiency of crops. From 25 to 100 percent more water is available in gypsum-treated soils than in non-treated soils.
- Gypsum Decreases Dust Erosion
- Increases the pH of Acidic Soils
- Gypsum Helps Earthworms to Flourish
- Derived from mined gypsum
Gypsum Application Guidelines
- General Use: Use 5 to 10 pounds per 100 sq. feet