Granular Azomite is a slower release granular containing 67 trace minerals and is OMRI certified organic. to supplement and improve mineral depleted soil, and is OMRI listed for organic use. Azomite is a good amendment for crops, compost and potting soil and is used to increase size and yield of fruit. It's also excellent for coating seeds or irrigation for maximum germination and initial growth. Azomite is safe for use with both plants and animals.
Azomite will not harm or burn plants. Apply directly or with compost, humus, manures, fertilizers, beneficial soil microbials. May be used in compost tea productions.
Azomite Application Guidelines
- Container Pots: Use 1-2 Tablespoons per gallon of soil.
- Flowers/Plants/Vegetables: When preparing the soil, use Azomite at the rate of 1 lb. per 10 sq. ft. If in rows, mix into the soil along the rows at rate of 1 lb. per 25 ft. of row. If bed is established, sprinkle around each plant. For houseplants, mix 1 teaspoon per 2-inch pot diameter with potting soil before planting. Give 1 teaspoon quarterly thereafter. For roses, apply 1/2 lb. to 1 lb. to the soil around each plant and lightly till into soil.
- Grapes, Roses & Shrubs: Apply 1/2 lb. to the soil around each plant and lightly till into soil.
- Citrus/Fruit/Vines: Apply Azomite annually to all trees on ground surface under the drip line at the rate of 1 to 5 pounds, depending on the tree size. Double the application for decline or blight stricken trees. For grapes, apply 1⁄2 lb. to 1 lb. to the soil around each plant and lightly till into soil.
- Lawn/Turf Care: For existing lawns, a 44 pound bag of Azomite will cover 12,000 to 15,000 square feet. Apply up to 4 times per year. For new lawns, apply at a heavier rate and till into soil before planting seed or laying sod.
- Field Crops: Apply 75-150 lbs. per acre initially followed by an annual maintenance level of 50-100 lbs. per acre.
- Ornamentals/Shrubs/Trees: Apply annually to all trees on ground surface under the drip line. Recommended application for trees:Tree Base Diameter Rate< 10” 1 – 5 lbs.10” – 20” 5 – 15 lbs.> 20” 15 – 40 lbs. Apply light coating from trunk to drip line. For ornamentals and shrubs, apply 1/2 lb. to 1lb. to the soil around each plant and lightly till into soil.