Calcium carbonate limestone powder is a widely diverse product and is commonly used around farms and homesteads for a variety of uses. As a moisture and odor absorbent, it is used in barns and animal areas to create more favorable conditions for both workers and animals. It can also be fed to animals such as chickens to increase calcium in eggshells and to cows to replace calcium lost during the milking process. This neutralizer powder can be spread on the ground before planting to help absorb and reduce acids in the soil, creating better growing conditions for your plants.
Limestone Application Guidelines:
- Container Pots: Use 1-2 Tablespoons per gallon of soil.
- Soil Application: Till in 5-10 lbs per 100 sq. ft. before planting.
- Lawns: For new lawns use 5 lb. per 100 sq. ft. of seedbed. For established lawns distribute 5 lb. per 300 sq. ft. before watering.
- Animal Feed: Do not exceed 2% of feed ratio.
- Barn/Stall Dry Application: For best results, clean area and apply 1 lb per 12 square feet. Use heavier on wet or urinated areas.